TOP CHEFS DISH COMFORT AT JOHN DEBELLA COMFORT FOOD FEST
February 5, 2010
Eleven of the top chefs in the Philadelphia area will be showcasing their interpretation of comfort food at a free, invitation only event held on Thursday February 25 from 6pm to 8:30pm at Cescaphe Ballroom in the city’s Northern Liberties section. It’s the 3rd Annual John DeBella Comfort Food Festival.
Those interested in attending can register for an invitation by filling out a short registration form on wmgk.com. Approximately 400 people will attend. Valet parking will be free of charge. There will be a cash bar.
The evening’s chefs will be rated by a panel of judges that includes food critic Beth D’ Addono and NBC 10 meteorologist, Michelle Grossman. Last year’s Golden Spoon award winner, Chef Robert Legget of Cuba Libre, will be returning to defend his title.
Chefs from the following restaurants will be participating:
- Chef Robert Legget – Cuba Libre
- Chefs Daniel Stern and Steve Lamborn – MidAtlantic
- Chef Justin Weathers – Cescaphe’ Ballroom presenting Atrium at the Curtis Center
- Chef Peter McAndrews – Modo Mio
- Chef Brian Duffy – Kildare’s Irish Pub
- Chef Michele Mazza – Il Mulino at the Trump Taj Mahal
- Chef Terrance Clarke – Lucky Strike Lanes
- Chef Mark McKinney – Cantina Dos Segundos
- Chef David Katz – Mémé
- Chef David LaForce – Alma De Cuba
- Chef Patrick Fuery – Nectar
The idea for the Comfort Food Festival came to DeBella when he was driving home from a meal at a fine restaurant. He thought, “What do the top chefs in the city fix themselves when they’re hanging around the house? What’s their comfort food?” He called public relations expert Nicole Cashman of Cashman and Associates to see if she was interested in working with him on a comfort food tasting event with MGK. She was, and the Comfort Food Fest was born.
For more information, please contact Dan Fein, Promotion Director WMGK, 610-617-4866.